20 Nov 2019

Map a drive letter to a Synology NAS

Synology NAS (Network Attached Storage) drives are great, such a good way to protect your data and share it. After I set up my NAS I wanted to map a drive to it on my Windows 10 PC. Yes I didn't have to, there are other ways to access the files such as the Synology Drive (file synchronisation app) but I wanted to do it the old fashioned way. I couldn't do it the usual way through File Explorer.

The solution is to download and install Synology Assistant:
https://www.softpedia.com/get/Internet/Servers/Server-Tools/Synology-Assistant.shtml


It detects your NAS, the Map Drive option will allow you to select a drive letter and also reconnect automatically at startup (it stores your authentication).

I found this was painless, I hope it was helpful. 


No comments: