27 Mar 2021

Godox TT350 can't adjust the zoom

I noticed that on my new Godox TT350 (O) I could not adjust the zoom setting. The zoom is a number representing the focal length of lens you are using. The zoom will make the flash spread the light more or less. 


In the manual it says to press the Zoom button and use the wheel to adjust the zoom number. This did not work, the number stayed on 14mm (see above screen shot, top right).


Solution
The flash has a pull out catchlight panel and a white card. When this catchlight panel is pulled out for use, the zoom number is forced to 14 and cannot be changed. Check your pull out catchlight panel, make sure it is pushed securely in until it clicks. Then you should be able to adjust the zoom number by pressing the Zoom button and spinning the wheel.



The catchlight panel is protruding a little...


Push the panel down until it clicks in place, it should be flush with the black edge


Press Zoom, spin the wheel (SET) to adjust - in the example it is at 50mm zoom



15 comments:

Lisa Saad said...

Good blog post. Lisa Saad Photography

Michael Gerrard said...

Thanks

Unknown said...

Rhank you so much. I was just about to buy a new one :D

Kapil said...

👍

Unknown said...

really helpful thanks

Unknown said...

Köszönöm .

KmkzFilms said...

Thank you so so much!

Cdill said...

Wow thank goodness this stumped me fr a good couple hours

Unknown said...

Took me 2h cause I thought Im gonna fix it... but yeah... its as simple as that

Korben said...

Thank you, this was very helpful!

Unknown said...

BIG thanx from Israel!

Unknown said...

Ahhh I had hours of frustration trying to solve this problem. Thank You !!

Unknown said...

Thank you! I just watched many videos and didn't take pics at a family wedding b/c of this simple frustrating "little" fix. Who would have known?? Now I'm ready for my vacation knowing how to troubleshoot this problem!

Ghayas said...

Thanks a lot, dear. Good blog, to the point and accurate.

Gina145 said...

Thank you so much. I bought my flash a week ago and haven't been able to work it out. I was about to take it to the shop to ask what I was doing wrong but I suspect the salesman wouldn't have known the answer.