30 Jan 2021

Grunmods Dune 2000 stutters, freezes or crashes

A few months ago I found Gruntmods Dune 2000. This is a freely available download of the classic Dune 2000 real-time strategy game. I downloaded and installed it. During play sometimes it would just freeze with the sound stuttering. I'd have to switch away and 'End Task'. It got to be quite annoying. 


Solution

Open File Explorer

Browse to C:\Program Files (x86)\Gruntmods Studios\Dune2000


Right click DUNE2000.EXE

Click Properties

Click the Compatibility tab


Change the settings to match the above

Click OK

Now launch Dune 2000 as normal, through the shortcut. All should be well!


Configuration: Video Options
If you search online about this kind of issue many have tips about changing the Video Options in the Dune 2000 Config screen. For me I didn't find this so helpful. My Dune 2000 has been running smooth with the following settings, I'm including the below screen shot just in case it will help you. 




Disclaimer 
I'm sharing my solution and experience in case it can help others, if it doesn't help you I am sorry. I am guaranteeing nothing. Every computer and set up is different, maybe try some of these compatibility settings. If you search online you'll find lots of discussion on this topic, good luck!







No comments: